Re: From reactions to differential equations

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg93358] Re: From reactions to differential equations
  • From: dh <dh at metrohm.ch>
  • Date: Wed, 5 Nov 2008 04:51:58 -0500 (EST)

Hi Istvan,

the reaction kinetic equations only tell you what is changed into what.

But they do not give you the speed (rate constants). But the diff.

equation are actually about speeds and you need the rate constants to

write them.

Further, Subscripts are only optical sugar, but they make programming

hard. Therefore do not use it, or at least only for input/output.

hope this helps, Daniel

--

Daniel Huber

Metrohm Ltd.

Oberdorfstr. 68

CH-9100 Herisau

Tel. +41 71 353 8585, Fax +41 71 353 8907

E-Mail:<mailto:dh at metrohm.com>

Internet:<http://www.metrohm.com>