Re: Creating animated 3d graphic in Mathematica for export

On Nov 6, 2008, at 2:05 AM, Coleman, Mark wrote:

> I'm attempting to create a simple animation of a 3D ListPlot. In the
> animation I'd like to simply rotate the graphic continuously and
> automatically (no user input), and then export this animation into a
> common video format (MPEG or Quicktime). Does anyone have an
> example of
> this?

See <http://clem.mscd.edu/~talmanl/MathAnim.html>.

In past versions of Mathematica, I've found that the QT export
facility was unsatisfactory.  I construct animations by writing
serially named .gifs or .pngs to a convenient directory and then
using either QuickTime itself, or, better, Thorsten Lemke's Graphic
Converter (Macintosh software) to paste those graphics files together
into a QuickTime movie.

--Lou Talman
   Metropolitan State College of Denver

  <http://clem.mscd.edu/%7Etalmanl>