Unacceptable bug in Mathematica

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg93509] Unacceptable bug in Mathematica
  • From: psycho_dad <s.nesseris at gmail.com>
  • Date: Thu, 13 Nov 2008 04:02:32 -0500 (EST)

The other day, a friend discovered something that may qualify as a
major bug in Mathematica (tested in 6.0.3):

SyntaxQ["Exp[]"]

(notice that Exp has no argument) returns

True !!!!

According to the documentation:

SyntaxQ["string"] returns True if the string corresponds to
syntactically correct input for a single Mathematica expression, and
returns False otherwise.

At least for me Exp[] is not syntactically correct. I expected more
from Mathematica...

Cheers