Re: EventHandler documentation

  • To: mathgroup at
  • Subject: [mg93692] Re: EventHandler documentation
  • From: David Bailey <dave at>
  • Date: Sat, 22 Nov 2008 06:11:11 -0500 (EST)

Ben wrote:
> Where can one find a complete list of possible events for
> EventHandler?
> This question has been asked before, but a year has passed, and it
> seems like the task of fixing the documentation could not have been
> much more Herculean than to insert in it the output of grep'ing the
> source..
Yes, what bugs me about the documentation of so many of the new
functions is phrases like:

Standard mouse-related event specifications include:

This comes from the definitive documentation of this function, and yet
the wording implies that the subsequent list is incomplete!

Even a simple re-phrasing would help a bit (if that is what is meant):

The following mouse-related event specifications are designed for
general use, though other values are used by Mathematica internally.

David Bailey