Re: ContourPlot and ColorFunction Opacity

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg93749] Re: ContourPlot and ColorFunction Opacity
  • From: Jens-Peer Kuska <kuska at informatik.uni-leipzig.de>
  • Date: Mon, 24 Nov 2008 06:45:33 -0500 (EST)

Hi,

if you don't like to define your own color function

ContourPlot[Cos[x y], {x, -Pi, Pi}, {y, -Pi, Pi},
   GridLines -> Automatic,
   RegionFunction -> Function[{x, y, z}, Pi < x^3 + y^3 < Pi^3],
   BoundaryStyle -> Red,
   ColorFunction -> "TemperatureMap"] /. {EdgeForm[], c_RGBColor,
    g_GraphicsGroup} :> {EdgeForm[], Append[c, 0.5], g}

will work

Regards
   Jens