Re: pass by reference

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg93752] Re: pass by reference
  • From: juan flores <juanfie at gmail.com>
  • Date: Tue, 25 Nov 2008 07:15:03 -0500 (EST)

Thanks everyone for the replies.

For those who wanted to know, I am programming an AI general search
routine, for a class I am teaching.  Stacks and queues implement DFS
and BFS, respectively.  Sure, I could use Prepend and First.  I just
thought I would be more direct for my students to see Push, Pop, etc.
And there came the issue of passing by reference.

Has anyone taught an AI class using Mathematica?   I'll send a pointer
to the code once I'm done.

Best regards,

Juan Flores