Re: Integration - another Integer as a result

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg93773] Re: Integration - another Integer as a result
  • From: Bill Rowe <readnews at sbcglobal.net>
  • Date: Tue, 25 Nov 2008 07:18:50 -0500 (EST)

On 11/24/08 at 6:44 AM, sowasowa at o2.pl (MikeSw) wrote:

>I'm trying to calculate an integer using Mathematica, but instead of
>getting a "normal" result I get another Integer. The algorithm
>available on Wolfram website does this calculation with no problem:

>http://img156.imageshack.us/my.php?image=cakaqt6.jpg

>but Mathematica gives this:

>http://img156.imageshack.us/my.php?image=cakamtkmvk9.jpg

>I guess there is something wrong with the input?

No. When Mathematica returns the thing you input that is usually
saying Mathematica cannot evaluate it further. It is also
possible there is an error in the input you made but it is
difficult to know if this is the case or not. The URL's do not
make it clear what you input.

You did not indicate what version of Mathematica you were using.
Version 7 produces the output you show in the first URL.