Re: Primed Symbols in Mathematica

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg93766] Re: [mg93720] Primed Symbols in Mathematica
  • From: John Fultz <jfultz at wolfram.com>
  • Date: Tue, 25 Nov 2008 07:17:34 -0500 (EST)

You might find other characters in the Unicode spec which are treated by
Mathematica as letter-like, but have the appearance you want.  For example, on
my Vista system, \:02b9 displays fine (unfortunately, \:02ba, the doubled
version, does not).  Japanese has a double prime at \301e, but it won't look as
nice since it's being pulled from whatever Japanese font the system determines
should be substituted for your font.

There's an advantage to using these since they're in standard Unicode positions,
but your mileage may vary from system to system and font to font as to whether
there's actually a glyph for the character or not.

Sincerely,

John Fultz
jfultz at wolfram.com
User Interface Group