Re: v.7.0 issues

<alexxx.magni at gmail.com> wrote in message news:gggqff$31i$1 at smc.vnet.net...
>I thought it could be a good idea to start a thread where to detail
> all the issues (both positive and negative!) discovered by early
> adopters of ver.7.0:
> detail your experience here!
>

> Alessandro

One interesting thing that I noticed about it, is that, on Windows XP, the
size of the image (the .exe) is 478,662,656 bytes, while version 6.0 had a
size of 476,127,232 bytes. This means the increase in image size (on the
same platform) was only 0.5%, yet the number of Mathematica functions in 6.0
was ~2100 while in version 7.0 was ~2550, which is an increase of ~17%.

This means some major rewriting must have occurred to be able to add 17%
more functions than before while keeping the size of the image about the
same.

http://12000.org/my_notes/compare_mathematica/index.htm

Nasser