Are any books for v7 (&v6) new features planned?

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg93865] Are any books for v7 (&v6) new features planned?
  • From: "David Bakin" <davidbak at gmail.com>
  • Date: Thu, 27 Nov 2008 05:32:17 -0500 (EST)

Are there any books planned that will describe the new features of v7 (and
v6) in a nice, organized, linear, printed, way?

[I have checked the archives of mathgroup.  This horse has been thoroughly
beaten in the past, for example when v6 came out.  But it hasn't died yet.
So I'm raising my hand to continue the thrashing.]

It would be REALLY nice to see a good, complete description of the very
large number of new features, plus new
functionality/options/attributes added to existing features, on nice large
high-resolution printed pages that I could read while flipping back and
forth to other pages, the index, etc.  Something like the wonderful
Mathematica Book (though perhaps in more than one volume to reduce the
possiblity of injury anyone carrying the thing around).

I would be happy to know that Dr. Trott's excellently readable and enjoyable
masterworks were being updated and expanded, if that is the case.

[And just to forestall the inevitable comment that has appeared in the past
when kicking this equine around: Yes, certainly, only those who want the
book should pay for it, it shouldn't be subsidized by all Mathematica
licensees.]

Thank you,

David