tabulate an expression in arbitrary precision

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg93957] tabulate an expression in arbitrary precision
  • From: Leslaw Bieniasz <nbbienia at cyf-kr.edu.pl>
  • Date: Sat, 29 Nov 2008 04:33:31 -0500 (EST)

Hi,
I am new to MATHEMATICA, and I am looking for advice.
I have access to MATHEMATICA 6.0.
I need to tabulate values of a certain expression involving error function Erf[x], for a number of x values.
The problem is that I need to do these calculations in
arbitrary precision (that is I want to be able to control
the number N of significant digits). Can anybody show me some examples of how this might be done? I stress I know
nothing about MATHEMATICA. I want the results to be displayed and saved in the form of a table having two columns, where the first column contains x values, and
the second column contains the corresponding values of the expression, with all N significant digits.

Leslaw