Re: extracting contour points

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg92500] Re: extracting contour points
  • From: peterp <peterp at m.njit.edu>
  • Date: Wed, 1 Oct 2008 18:35:59 -0400 (EDT)

On Oct 1, 7:11 am, Jens-Peer Kuska <ku... at informatik.uni-leipzig.de>
wrote:
> Hi,
>
> what Mathematica version ?
>
> grcontour = Graphics[contour];
>
> is useless in Version 6 and
>
> First[grcontour] // Normal
>
> is useless in version 5.x ??
>
> And in your ContourPlot[] is only *one* line.
>
> Regards
>    Jens

This is done on v5.2 (solaris os). To post the code I simply
cut/pasted from the mathematica window, some symbols
got mangled but the original code works, see below.

I'm really confused :-)

this is the mathematica graphic: http://web.njit.edu/~peterp/junk.jpg
and I see two lines (one horizontal from the left and going up, the other
horizontal from the right and going down).

My code extracts these points: http://web.njit.edu/~peterp/junk.dat
which, when graphed with xmgr give me this: http://web.njit.edu/~peterp/junk.eps

I could just use the one line, but I'm also learning the software...

Thanks,
Peter