Re: How do I create my own color gradient?

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg92542] Re: How do I create my own color gradient?
  • From: Jean-Marc Gulliet <jeanmarc.gulliet at gmail.com>
  • Date: Fri, 3 Oct 2008 06:42:33 -0400 (EDT)

Tyler wrote:

> Kinda of a silly question, but I've been banging head against the wall
> for the past two nights. I am trying to figure out how I can make my
> own colour gradient, analogous to Rainbow, AplineColors, &c.
>
> Is there any standard framework around trying to create your own?
> Further, say I wanted one of the preexisting ones, but scaled
> exponentially, or set a particular value to bright yellow (to
> highlight that specific result). I used to use IDL quite a bit, and
> made use of these kinds of manipulations frequently.
>
> Any ideas or references? I keep finding myself doing the same old loop
> in the Documentation Center, from ColorData, to ColorFunction, and so
> on, and so on.....

Hi Tyler,

Not sure whether this is what you are looking for, but the following
thread, "Gradient fill as Background for Plot", might be of some help:

http://groups.google.com/group/comp.soft-sys.math.mathematica/msg/10df9c064cfc1039

HTH (and that you won't have to hurt yourself anymore :-)]
-- Jean-Marc