How do I recover GridLines when using Prolog?

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg92554] How do I recover GridLines when using Prolog?
  • From: Tyler <hayes.tyler at gmail.com>
  • Date: Sun, 5 Oct 2008 06:04:50 -0400 (EDT)

Hi All:

Thanks for all of you suggestions for the gradient soluitons. Below I
provide some simple code of an example plot I made.

bg = Polygon[{ImageScaled[{0, 0}], ImageScaled[{1, 0}],
    ImageScaled[{1, 1}], ImageScaled[{0, 1}]},
   VertexColors -> {Black, Black, ColorData["Legacy"]["MidnightBlue"],
      ColorData["Legacy"]["MidnightBlue"]}];

DateListPlot[{#1, Log[10, #2]} & @@@ FinancialData["^DJI", All],
 Joined -> True,
 Filling -> Bottom,
 BaseStyle -> White,
 PlotRegion-> {{0.02,0.98},{0.02,0.98},
 PlotRangeClipping -> False,
 Prolog -> bg,
 Background -> Black,
 PlotStyle -> Cyan,
 FrameLabel -> {"Year", "Log Returns"},
 PlotLabel -> "Log Returns of the Dow Jones Industrial Average"]

You'll notice that Prolog overplots the GridLines. I've tried adding:

Epilog -> {Gridlines -> {Automatic,None}, GridLinesStyle -> White}

But to no avail....

Any suggestions?

Cheers,

t.

PS - I've also noticed (probably like everyone else) that when saving
as a PDF you have to use the Bitmap Option with the resolution set
fairly high.