CountryData Shape and Graphical objects

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg92676] CountryData Shape and Graphical objects
  • From: Rob325 <roberto.carluccio at gmail.com>
  • Date: Fri, 10 Oct 2008 04:34:40 -0400 (EDT)

I'm Trying to create LambertAzimuthal world plots with some graphics
object overlayed (mainly polylines defined from {lat, long} lists.

I couldn't find any hint on wolfram documentation. Is there anybody
who knows if it is possible and in case how?

I tried thinks like:

Show[Graphics[
  CountryData["World", {"Shape", {"LambertAzimuthal", {41,12 }}}],
  {Red, Line[{{0, 0}, {1000, 5000}}]}
  ]]

but it results in the world plot alone (it even lacks antarctica...)

Thank you

Roberto