Re: Mathematica vs Latex

  • To: mathgroup at
  • Subject: [mg92736] Re: Mathematica vs Latex
  • From: Jean-Marc Gulliet <jeanmarc.gulliet at>
  • Date: Sat, 11 Oct 2008 06:48:20 -0400 (EDT)

John wrote:

> I have been told that Mathematica can import a Latex file, which
> prints a formula, and then duplicate the Latex formula. If true this
> would solve many of my problems because creating and printing elegant,
> math formulas in Latex is easy.

I am not sure to have understood what you try to achieve; however, the
following documents should help you started with the import/export
features. (Note that these documents can be access via the Web and the
online help -- documentation center.)

"Importing and Exporting Data"

"Generating and Importing TeX"

"TeX (.tex)"