Re: tiny negative numbers

  • To: mathgroup at
  • Subject: [mg92880] Re: [mg92849] tiny negative numbers
  • From: Bob Hanlon <hanlonr at>
  • Date: Thu, 16 Oct 2008 05:07:04 -0400 (EDT)

Look up Chop

Bob Hanlon

---- a <arorahina at> wrote:

I am trying to solve a set of differential equations using NDSolve.
But I'm seeing some really tiny negative numbers like this one:
-1.28E-12. I'm guessing this is a machine-precision related problem.
So I was wondering if I can somehow ensure that the variable values
never go below 0, or alternatively, ensure that these tiny numbers
equate to 0?

Bob Hanlon