Re: Questions on evaluate matrix operations

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg92933] Re: Questions on evaluate matrix operations
  • From: "sjoerd.c.devries at gmail.com" <sjoerd.c.devries at gmail.com>
  • Date: Mon, 20 Oct 2008 07:34:06 -0400 (EDT)

Hi Miguel,

There are several problems with your program, but the main culprit is
the unnecessary MatrixForm command in the assignment to A (it's used
for formatting matrices for printing and not for calculations). Strip
that away and you're OK. 'Evaluate' is not necessary.

Constructions like:

A2 = {0};
Do[A2 = Append[A2, -LAMDA], {m - 1}];
A2 = Drop[A2, 1];