Re: Is there a simple way to transform 1.1 to 11/10

Andrzej Kozlowski <akoz at mimuw.edu.pl> writes:

>> Andrzej Kozlowski writes:
>>
>>> One more (I hope final) remark. Another, perhaps simpler way, is to
>>> include just one extra zero (that should not be very hard):
>>
>> If you are talking about inputs, I agree; in this case it appears to
>> me similar to inputting strings.
>
> I meant input. I do not really understand what you are doing and why
> writing 1.00000000000000010 is much harder than writing
> 1.0000000000000001.

No, it is not.  I just wanted to be sure you were talking about input.
I'll prefer the string approach since I can see by myself why it will
never fail.

I need to think more about the case of numbers coming out from Mathematica
computations.  So I consider my initial problem --that of inputs--
solved, and I warmly thank everybody.

> Is this entire discussion motivated by your desire to avoid pressing
> keys on your keyboard?

That's one way to put it.  I'd rather say that I like elegant
solutions.  Anyway, transforming a lot of such numbers is error prone
and way too time consuming, to the extent that it simply cannot be
done.

a.