odd delay problem

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg93154] odd delay problem
  • From: Michael Mandelberg <mmandelberg at comcast.net>
  • Date: Wed, 29 Oct 2008 05:48:51 -0500 (EST)

I am running v. 6.0.3.0

I am having some weirdness where I will do something like:

G=Array[f,100];
For[i=1, i<=100, i++,
   f[i] = some calculation]

Then I will look at the result:

ListLinePlot[G]

The strange thing is, if I rerun this, but change 'some calculation'
to 'some other calculation', then rerun the plot, the plot stays the
same.  If I rerun the loop again, then the plot will change as
expected.  What's going on here?  Why isn't it "taking" the first time?