Exporting to DXF

  • To: mathgroup at
  • Subject: [mg93207] Exporting to DXF
  • From: "darrellp" <jar_czar at>
  • Date: Fri, 31 Oct 2008 03:05:39 -0500 (EST)

For testing purposes, I exported about the simpliest thing I could think
of in

Export["Dodecahedron.dxf", PolyhedronData["Dodecahedron"]]

I then tried to read in the DXF file in Zam3d (a XAML 3D package) and
also in 3DS Max.  Both claimed it was an invalid DXF file.  3DS Max said
it had received "Error code e" whatever that means.  Does anybody know
what the problem is and how to fix it?  Thanks!

Darrell Plank