Re: eps and pdf export of Graphic3D

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg93226] Re: eps and pdf export of Graphic3D
  • From: dkjk at bigpond.net.au
  • Date: Fri, 31 Oct 2008 03:09:07 -0500 (EST)

On Oct 30, 6:00 pm, aaragon <alejandro.ara... at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi everyone,
>
> I've been trying to export some pictures to eps and pdf and it seems
> that there is no way to get rid of those white lines that represent
> the polygons used to create the figure.
>
> Try
> Plot3D[Sin[x] Cos[y], {x, -\[Pi], \[Pi]}, {y, -\[Pi], \[Pi]}]
> Export["test.eps", %]
>
> then you see those white lines I'm talking about. The same happens
> with pdf.
>
> I'm using Mathematica v6.0.1 on Mac OS X v10.5.5. I read somewhere
> that there was an option RenderAll->False used not to draw the
> polygons in eps, but this option became obsolete in Mathematica v6.
>
> Can someone help? Thank you all,
>
> aa

I had the same question a while ago. There seems to be no ideal
solution at the moment due to a defficiency particular to mathematica
6.

The best I could do was print selection to pdf using pdfcreator. This
produces reasonable output (without white lines), but you lose the
vector image.

Best regards,
James