Re: FindFit and NormFunction (to find a best fit by medians)

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg91751] Re: FindFit and NormFunction (to find a best fit by medians)
  • From: Jens-Peer Kuska <kuska at informatik.uni-leipzig.de>
  • Date: Sun, 7 Sep 2008 05:35:53 -0400 (EDT)

Hi,

thank you that you was so kind to post a complete working example,

sampledata =
  Table[{t, 0.2*Random[] + (2 + 0.1*Random[])*t}, {t, 0, 10, 0.25}];

myNorm[lst : {__Real}] := Sqrt[Median[lst^2]]

FindFit[sampledata, a + b*x, {a, b}, x, NormFunction -> myNorm]

will avoid the rectn-error message.

Regards
   Jens