Comparison of coefficients

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg91805] Comparison of coefficients
  • From: Kay-Michael Voit <kay at voits.net>
  • Date: Mon, 8 Sep 2008 05:04:10 -0400 (EDT)

Hello,
I'm trying to solve a PDE using a Exp ansatz.
Now I am am stuck with the equation of the form
a Exp[I k x] + b Exp[I k x] == 0 (though much more complicated)
What I would like to do is a comparison of coefficients. How can I make
Mathemetica to show me a form of the equation where I can easily read
the comparison equations?
(In the above equation
(a + b) Exp[I k x] == 0
for example.)