Re: I installed mathematica 6 in gentoo. I can not open gui of

Start a shell (xterm, konsole) and issue this command

emerge media-fonts/mathematica-fonts

Or copy the contents of the the directory  /usr/local/Wolfram/
Mathematica/6.0/SystemFiles/Fonts/ in your ~/.fonts directory

Hope this helps,
Julius