Text-based interface: Editing line input
- To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
- Subject: [mg91865] Text-based interface: Editing line input
- From: Ken Johnson <othojunk at yahoo.com>
- Date: Thu, 11 Sep 2008 06:12:39 -0400 (EDT)
- Reply-to: othojunk at yahoo.com
I have been enjoying mathematica, for a bit. While some might consider me a minimalist, I enjoy the text-based interface over the notebook style usage. However I severely miss the ability to move the cursor left and right for editing a single line. The documentation itself suggests pasting lines, but most of my pasting requires a little editing too. So instead of pasting whole lines of input, I resort to partial line paste, adding different text, then pasting the remaining relevant portion of a line. Is there any way to be able to freely move the cursor on a line? I have obviously tried the arrow keys, and also have tried emacs style movements as well with no luck (ctrl-b ctrl-f for backwards and forewards). Any suggestions?