Re: Transformations in expressions
- To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
- Subject: [mg91911] Re: Transformations in expressions
- From: Szabolcs Horvát <szhorvat at gmail.com>
- Date: Fri, 12 Sep 2008 05:29:34 -0400 (EDT)
- Organization: University of Bergen
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org>
Miguel wrote: > Hi all, > How can I to transform a specific expression to other by substitution > of a part of it. > > For example, I want to transform the expression Log[x^2+y^3]/ > Sin[x^2+y^3] in Log[z]/Sin[z] by substitution x^2+y^3 --> z. > In:= Log[x^2 + y^3]/Sin[x^2 + y^3] /. x^2 + y^3 -> z Out= Csc[z] Log[z] > And other question: Is the new expression dependent of z. I see it is, > but how can I to programar it. > I don't really understand this second question ...