Re: Changing names of variables in a loop

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg92194] Re: Changing names of variables in a loop
  • From: dh <dh at metrohm.ch>
  • Date: Mon, 22 Sep 2008 07:24:02 -0400 (EDT)

Hi Kazik,

obviously your ai is a function of i. Therefore, simply define this

function:

ai[1]=1; ai[2]=2; ai[3]=3;

For[i = 1, i <= 3, i += 1, Summa += func[ai[i]]]

you could do something similar with an array. This is less flexible but

faster.

hope this helps, Daniel

--

Daniel Huber

Metrohm Ltd.

Oberdorfstr. 68

CH-9100 Herisau

Tel. +41 71 353 8585, Fax +41 71 353 8907

E-Mail:<mailto:dh at metrohm.com>

Internet:<http://www.metrohm.com>