save as nbp front end feature (suggestion to wolfram)

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg92212] save as nbp front end feature (suggestion to wolfram)
  • From: Mitch Murphy <mitch at lemma.ca>
  • Date: Tue, 23 Sep 2008 07:31:59 -0400 (EDT)

suggestions to wolfram (in this case wolfram staff reads this email)...

can we please have a "save as nbp" front end feature in mathematica
6.0.4? http post and email link download round tripping is laborious.
at least the ability to wait for the download link to appear in the
same webpage as the form post.

if there's enough "grassroots" support on this list, then maybe we
stand a better chance of seing this feature in future release of
mathematica.

i was thinking of writing some kind of function using Import[] but i
can't figure out how to do http post requests. possibly this feature
is not implemented in 6.0.3.

cheers,
Mitch