Re: Re: External packages, Manipulate, and MathPlayer

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg92216] Re: [mg91710] Re: External packages, Manipulate, and MathPlayer
  • From: Mitch Murphy <mitch at lemma.ca>
  • Date: Tue, 23 Sep 2008 07:32:43 -0400 (EDT)

On Sep 06, 2008, at 02:06, Jeff Bryant wrote:

>   I'm not sure from your message exactly what form your authoring
> notebook is in, but some elements of your message seem suspect.
>
> 1) Packages require special attention in Demonstrations.

please provide details. i couldn't find documentation for this topic
on wolfram website.

> 2) All code, except that which ships with Mathematica, must reside in
> the author notebook itself. You can't use Get or Needs on a third
> party
> package (the user may not have this package).

that's a reasonable restriction, but we should be able to use standard
packages somewhat transparently.

right now, i'm trying to figure out how to use the LinearRegression
package with an nbp file.

cheers,
Mitch