Joust in Mathematica

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg98206] Joust in Mathematica
  • From: robert prince-wright <robertprincewright at yahoo.com>
  • Date: Thu, 2 Apr 2009 04:49:06 -0500 (EST)

I've been wondering how to set up something that behaves like the Java Joust in Mathematica:  http://www.ivanpeters.com/  we all use them every day on on windows machines, so I am wondering how to implement something like it in Mathematica. At first, I thought of using GraphPlot or TreePlot, but then started to wonder if OpenerView and Opener could be trained to behave in a more general way. Has anyone thought about this already, or got some working examples?  It seems like this is something Wolfram should be thinking about too.