Re: Re: Graphics and DisplayFunction

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg98239] Re: [mg98203] Re: Graphics and DisplayFunction
  • From: John Fultz <jfultz at wolfram.com>
  • Date: Fri, 3 Apr 2009 04:37:27 -0500 (EST)

You have it basically right in identifying it as legacy behavior.  Since
DisplayFunction is generally irrelevant in the modern graphical world, there's
been no real cause to reinvent it.  Preserving its behavior makes it simpler to
make legacy code work when you're running in the legacy graphics mode (i.e.
having evaluated <<Version5`Graphics` ).

Sincerely,

John Fultz
jfultz at wolfram.com
User Interface Group