Re: how to build pattern for a square matrix of reals?
- To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
- Subject: [mg98438] Re: how to build pattern for a square matrix of reals?
- From: Jens-Peer Kuska <kuska at informatik.uni-leipzig.de>
- Date: Thu, 9 Apr 2009 05:59:41 -0400 (EDT)
- Organization: Uni Leipzig
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Reply-to: kuska at informatik.uni-leipzig.de
Hi, f[_?(MatrixQ[#,NumberQ] &)]:= .. but usual better is f[_?(MatrixQ[#,NumericQ] &)]:= .. but this test not only reals. Regards Jens sagrailo at gmail.com wrote: > As in subject: how to build a pattern that will specify that given > argument of a function has to be square matrix of reals? Tried with > following for "square matrix" part: > f[x_?MatrixQ[#] && Dimensions[#][] == Dimensions[#][] > &] := ... > but it doesn't seem to be working... > > Thanks. >