Re: Fast Access to Installed Packages

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg98395] Re: Fast Access to Installed Packages
  • From: David Bailey <dave at removedbailey.co.uk>
  • Date: Thu, 9 Apr 2009 05:51:16 -0400 (EDT)

dbreiss at gmail.com wrote:
> The following is a partial answer.  This opens the Documentation
> Center at the page where the add ons are listed:
>
> FrontEndExecute[
>  FrontEndToken[
>   "OpenHelpLink", {"paclet:guide/InstalledAddOns", Null}]]
>
> There are also (more obscure and undocumented) commands that add
> entities (and commands) to menus.  I use these to modify the Palettes
> menu in http://scientificarts.com/worklife.
>
> It uses the FrontEnd command FrontEnd`AddMenuCommands

As I remember it, the big problem with using AddMenuCommands, was/is
that if you kill the kernel and re-run the code, there didn't seem to be
any way to avoid adding the same menu item a second time, etc.

Have you found any way to avoid this problem?

For personal use, I just extend the MENUSETUP.TR file - but that
technique is not really suitable for software going to other users.

David Bailey
http://www.dbaileyconsultancy.co.uk