Re: how to build pattern for a square matrix of reals?
- To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
- Subject: [mg98484] Re: how to build pattern for a square matrix of reals?
- From: Raffy <raffy at mac.com>
- Date: Fri, 10 Apr 2009 04:58:52 -0400 (EDT)
- References: <email@example.com>
On Apr 8, 2:03 am, sagra... at gmail.com wrote: > As in subject: how to build a pattern that will specify that given > argument of a function has to be square matrix of reals? Tried with > following for "square matrix" part: > f[x_?MatrixQ[#] && Dimensions[#][] == Dimensions[#][] > &] := ... > but it doesn't seem to be working... > > Thanks. squareRealMatrixQ[___] = False; squareRealMatrixQ[m_?MatrixQ] := SameQ @@ Dimensions[m] && VectorQ[m, Element[#, Reals] &];