Re: Efficient construction of a correlation matrix

Outer[Correlation, list, list, 1]

Correlation is new in v6

Bob Hanlon

---- dantimatter <google at dantimatter.com> wrote:

=============
Hello all,

This was a question that was asked back in 2003 that didn't seem to
have a response:  is there a fast way to generate a matrix of
correlation coefficients given a list of vectors?  I have about fifty
vectors that are each around 1300 elements long and I'd like to
correlate them with each other to get a 50x50 matrix.  I know that I
can do this with loops or tables but I thought that perhaps there
exists a fast and computationally inexpensive way to do this.   Any
thoughts?

Many thanks,
Dan