Re: Mathematica behavior using highlighting and keyboard arrows -

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg98559] Re: Mathematica behavior using highlighting and keyboard arrows -
  • From: meitnik <meitnik at gmail.com>
  • Date: Sun, 12 Apr 2009 03:50:19 -0400 (EDT)

I too have been bothered by how highlighting is handled with Mathematica. I am
in process of figuring out how to drive selection via buttons that
simulate keystrokes etc... My efforts would be spoiled by bugs for
highlighting and effective editing for me. Sometimes I am getting the
sense deep testing of some key UI issues have been put aside for the
more sexy math/features. This will only tarnish Mathematica eventually. Maybe
Mathematica is a sports car, great to look at, great to drive, but is often in
the shop for annoying repairs. (Oh, I am legally blind so I can't
drive, but know folks who owned sports cars.)