Re: How to find current ViewAngle, ViewPoint during Rotating graphics?

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg98580] Re: How to find current ViewAngle, ViewPoint during Rotating graphics?
  • From: Albert Retey <awnl at gmx-topmail.de>
  • Date: Mon, 13 Apr 2009 03:34:38 -0400 (EDT)

Nasser Abbasi wrote:
> Mathematica 7.
>
> Is there a way to display the current ViewAngle and/or View point of a 3D
> graphics as one is rotating it with the mouse?
>
> Sometimes I am not sure what is the best view angle to use initially, but
> after I rotate the 3D graphics and find a good angle I like, there does not
> seem to be a way to determine its value from the front end. I was expecting
> may be that a mouse right-click on the graphics or something similar would
> bring up some information about the current state of the graphics.
>
> Any one knows a trick way to find this information?

I don't know if this qualifies for tricky: if you recall that everything
is an expression, and since version 6 this is true also for displayed
graphics, then it is just the most natural thing to do...

Put this in front of the displayed Graphics3D and evaluate the resulting
expression:

AbsoluteOptions@

hth,

albert