Re: Re: Mathematica behavior using highlighting and keyboard

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg98568] Re: [mg98555] Re: Mathematica behavior using highlighting and keyboard
  • From: George Woodrow III <georgevw3 at mac.com>
  • Date: Mon, 13 Apr 2009 03:32:26 -0400 (EDT)

Apple still does, except that the printed book is now an even longer
PDF.

One thing I miss going from Cocoa (Mac OS X) development to
Mathematica is the degree of flexibility I have in Cocoa. The
Interface builder provides guides to ensure proper placement, etc.,
which are missed in Mathematica.

I know that Mathematica has to be cross-platform, and there are
different UI paradigms in Linux and Windows, but from my perspective,
Wolfram should have adopted something like the Apple Guidelines as a
best in class solution.

george