Re: hyperlink problem in a ActionMenu

On Apr 15, 4:00 am, meitnik <meit... at gmail.com> wrote:
> hi,
>
> Way does this ActionMenu fail to work:
>
> ActionMenu["help",
> {"Plotwww" :>  Hyperlink[ "http://reference.wolfram.com/mathematica/
> ref/Hyperlink.html"],
>   "PlotLocal" :> Hyperlink["paclet:ref/Plot"]}]
>
> Nothing happens when I select the menuitems. What is missing in my
> code to get it to work?? Thanks.

When the action menu item is selected that item's action is
performed.  Hyperlink[] does not itself open the hyperlink.  Hyperlink
evaluates to an expression which, when typset in the Mathematica user
interface, gives the visual appearance of a hyperlink and which, when
clicked, performs the action of opening the hyperlink.  What you're
looking for is the code which Hyperlink[] uses to perform its action.
Try this instead:

ActionMenu["help", {"Plotwww" :>
   SystemOpen[
    "http://reference.wolfram.com/mathematica/ref/Hyperlink.html";],
  "PlotLocal" :> Documentation`HelpLookup["paclet:ref/Plot"]}]

-Rob