Re: hyperlink problem in a ActionMenu

  • To: mathgroup at
  • Subject: [mg98687] Re: [mg98650] hyperlink problem in a ActionMenu
  • From: "John Fultz" <jfultz at>
  • Date: Thu, 16 Apr 2009 04:15:13 -0400 (EDT)

ActionMenu[] performs the command you give it without producing output
(although it's okay for the command to have side effects which output
something).  The command you gave it was to give as output a clickable
button which goes someplace.  So, it's quite correctly doing nothing as a

What you probably want is the command which performs the action a hyperlink
performs when you've actually clicked on it.  That command is SystemOpen.

John Fultz
jfultz at
User Interface Group
Wolfram Research, Inc.