Re: Passing arrays to MathLink without extra memory allocation

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg98791] Re: Passing arrays to MathLink without extra memory allocation
  • From: axnavaei at googlemail.com
  • Date: Sun, 19 Apr 2009 04:54:48 -0400 (EDT)

Hi,

Are there any other solutions for passing pointers to big data from
mathematica to external programs? In this context, an 'external
program' does not need to be a separate process, it could simply be a
loadable shared library. The way matlab deals with its c-extensions is
a good example of what I mean by this.

It seems like those official mathematica functions implemented in
native code do not have the above constraint and it is possible to
pass pointers without deep copying, is this correct? If so, how is it
possible to implement a function like this?