Re: Looking for more Mathematica online user groups/forums

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg98810] Re: [mg98787] Looking for more Mathematica online user groups/forums
  • From: "Ingolf Dahl" <ingolf.dahl at telia.com>
  • Date: Mon, 20 Apr 2009 01:29:32 -0400 (EDT)

If the answers are not worth waiting 24 hours for, maybe you should not ask?
The people answering your questions put quite an effort into that, and often
need some time to think it over. They must assume that you are enough
interested in the answer to be able to wait for it. So please be a bit
patient!
Another point is that there is a quite limited number of people, able and
interested enough, to answer these kind of questions. And too few are able
to be online and responding around the clock.
There has been several attempts to complement MathGroup with other user
resources. The most notable is the Mathematica-users Wiki at
http://www.mathematica-users.org. But this site seems to be in a state of
slow disintegration (please correct me if I am wrong there!), and that is
something I regret. Other attempts have just faded away, e.g.
http://groups.google.com/group/mathematica, which just seems dead. So let us
hurray for MathGroup!

Best regards

Ingolf Dahl