Creating a sign chart

Is it possible to render a sign chart in Mathematica 10?

Typically a sign chart is used with the first and second derivatives to identify extrema.  I know there are other ways to convey this information.  However, in my case I  need to demonstrate a sign chart by means of an illustation.  I can create a graphic in Visio and import into Mathematica but I would prefer if there were a means of generating such a chart directly in Mathematica.

Something like:

Thanks for any ideas.
Dave
x2373