Re: NumberForm spaces and commas in v7.0.1

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg98907] Re: [mg98842] NumberForm spaces and commas in v7.0.1
  • From: Murray Eisenberg <murray at math.umass.edu>
  • Date: Tue, 21 Apr 2009 05:11:08 -0400 (EDT)

In Mathematica 7.0.1, from the menu select Edit > Preferences.  Select
the Appearance tab and then its Numbers tab.  On the Formatting tab
there, you'll see an option "Digit block separator". You may change that
to a thin comma, a comma, or a period.

The same option may be set directly in the Options Inspector.  Search
for NumberSeparator there.  If you change from the default,
\[ThinSpace], you can opt to set this just for the current selection,
just for the current notebook, or globally.

Murray Eisenberg                     murray at math.umass.edu
Mathematics & Statistics Dept.
Amherst, MA 01003-9305