Using the slider values in a Manipulate

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg98931] Using the slider values in a Manipulate
  • From: hmalissa <hans.malissa at gmx.net>
  • Date: Wed, 22 Apr 2009 05:10:41 -0400 (EDT)

How can I use the values adjusted with the sliders in a Manipulate
later in the notebook?
The only way seems to be the DynamicModule, but that's not exactly
what I want.
To be more specific: I'm trying to write a notebook for fitting a
model function to experimental data, and I want it to be reusable
since I'll have to use it on different data files again and again.
I want to plot the data and the model inside a Manipulate, and use the
sliders to adjust reasonable startig values for my parameters. That
does work very well, but the next step would be to insert these
starting values (from the slider adjustments) as starting values in
FindFit. How do I achieve this? I don't understand how I could use
DynamicModule to do this, but what other options do I have.