Re: converting binary data

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg98958] Re: converting binary data
  • From: dh <dh at metrohm.com>
  • Date: Wed, 22 Apr 2009 06:31:45 -0400 (EDT)

Hi Pashs,

"...z" files are compressed TAR files from Unix. Therefore, you first

need  to uncompress it using e.g. the Unix utility "uncompress". Then

you may import it into mathematica using "Import". But as a "...z" file

may contain all sort of different files you should at least have an idea

what files you have.

As far as I know, "...3z" files are created by WinAmp.

Daniel