Re: pure function with optional number of arguments

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg98972] Re: pure function with optional number of arguments
  • From: dh <dh at metrohm.com>
  • Date: Wed, 22 Apr 2009 06:43:42 -0400 (EDT)

Hi Ruth,

in short syntax, "all parameters are written by: ##. This can not be

done with the long syntax: Function[..]. You have nested functions and

you need the "##" in the outer function. Therefore, you need to write

the inner functions in "long" syntax: Function[{x},..]. here is one

possibility:

purefun = (Function[{x}, Integrate[z*Efun[##], {z, 0, x}]] /@ {1,2,3}) &

Daniel