Re: Bug in Rational arithmetic?
- To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
- Subject: [mg99007] Re: Bug in Rational arithmetic?
- From: Scott Hemphill <hemphill at hemphills.net>
- Date: Fri, 24 Apr 2009 03:44:25 -0400 (EDT)
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Reply-to: hemphill at alumni.caltech.edu
Scott Hemphill <hemphill at hemphills.net> writes: > I am running Mathematica 5.1 for Linux. I know that this is an old > version and don't expect a fix to my software. It would be good to > know whether anyone can reproduce this problem with mine or any other > version of the software. If the members of this list (and the > moderator) don't object, I could post the 900+ line input file as a > follow-up. Otherwise, does anyone know a good place to upload this > file? [snip] Daniel Lichtblau followed this up with me offline. The short of it is that, yes, I uncovered a real bug that existed in Mathematica from about March, 2004 until about November, 2004. My version of Mathematica was built in October, 2004. The problem is fixed in later versions. Scott -- Scott Hemphill hemphill at alumni.caltech.edu "This isn't flying. This is falling, with style." -- Buzz Lightyear