Re: Jacobi polynomials in Mathematica

Cora L wrote:
> Hello,
> I have a simple question: in Mathematica the Jacobi polynomials are
> implemented
> as JacobiP[n, a, b, z], see
> http://mathworld.wolfram.com/JacobiPolynomial.html
>
> Is JacobiP[n, a, b, z] also defined if n is not an integer? More
> general, is
> JacobiP[n, a, b, z] defined for all real n, a, b and z?
>
> Thanks!

Primary definitions can be found on the following functions web pages:

http://functions.wolfram.com/Polynomials/JacobiP/02/

http://functions.wolfram.com/HypergeometricFunctions/JacobiPGeneral/02/

The first defines the function for natural number n, while the second
does not place a restriction on n (nu on the page).

Darren Glosemeyer
Wolfram Research